My Christmas novella, Grievances and Glitter, is a snowbound second-chance romance.
My heroine Tina Halloran is planning on spending the weekend before Christmas with friends in a rented house after spending a year in London. Unfortunately for her, a major snowstorm is on its way, and the only person at the house is the man she’d had a one-night stand with the previous Christmas season.
Jericho “Moz” Browning is preparing to return to rock stardom with his band after spending the last fifteen years in academia as a respected mathematician. His cousin convinces him to join the annual party at a rented house, but Jericho isn’t expecting to come face-to-face with the woman who’d left him haunted by their night together.
Jericho isn’t one for the holidays, but even he can’t resist an interesting Christmas song.
In his honor, here’s a selection of some of my all-time favorite and favorite off-beat Christmas songs:
- Winter Wonderland by the Eurythmics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It2mIY24cKg2.
- Christmas in Hollis by RUN DMC – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR07r0ZMFb8
- Happy Birthday Jesus Christ by Robbie Williams – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lezqLKNW3M
- Frosty the Snowman by the Cocteau Twins – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pds_K2j3RKM
- Space Christmas by Shonen Knife – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H_-ia2M2M4
- Mr. Heatmiser by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJyno_sJCgA
- Christmastime by Smashing Pumpkins – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulitBZ0s10
- Just Another Christmas Song by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMdbmliQQrg
- Christmas Bop by T. Rex – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinCXcqXsws
- Christmas Was Better in the 80s by The Futureheads – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNpS-pnH-M
I’m offering up an ebook copy of Grievances and Glitter in the winner’s preferred format for the giveaway.
Tina Halloran was supposed to spend the weekend with friends, not get snowbound with the man she’d had a one-night stand with last Christmas. She’s built a life for herself in London over the last year, and she’s on the cusp of making partner at her law firm. She does not need the irritating feelings that seeing Jericho again stirs up.
After spending the last fifteen years in academia, keyboardist-turned-mathematician Jericho “Moz” Browning should be focused on preparing for the reunion tour of Tinseland–once the hottest rock band in the world. The last thing he’d expected was to get stranded during a weekend away with Tina, the hotshot attorney who’d run out on him after one of the best nights of his life. He’d never quite gotten Tina out of his mind, and this weekend might be his last chance to convince her to take a chance on an slightly-aging rock star.
Kelly Maher is the author of contemporary romances that feature smart heroines, witty heroes, and settings that make you feel like you’re living there. A city girl at heart, Kelly currently lives in DC where she works as a librarian when not writing. She loves hearing from readers and can often be found on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
In addition to this wonderful prize from Kelly, and in celebration of the Festive season, I, Nix, will be giving away a £30/$35 voucher for a book retailor of choice across the event. Each comment, on ANY post, will be classed an entrance; just fill in the Rafflecopter at the bottom. You can enter once a day.a Rafflecopter giveaway
[…] Kelly Maher’s Alternative Top 10 xmas songs : Includes giveaway of her christmas novella […]
This book sounds really good. Great list of songs. There’s a few I haven’t heard before.
Congrats Elaine, you won.
I will give your details to the author 🙂
I haven’t listened to any of these songs.